Update: The MaX International Conference will take place in Trieste from 29th to 31st January 2018!
We thank all applicants and we will inform all of you about the results in due time for the conference.
MaX – Materials at the Exascale aims at enabling advancements in materials research via high-performance and high-throughput computing towards the exascale. Its activities are largely centred on frontier developments and applications of four MaX flagship codes, Quantum ESPRESSO, SIESTA, Fleur, Yambo, and a materials informatics platform, AiiDA.
With this call, MaX establishes a prize to recognize frontier research in computational materials science, performed anywhere in the world, that is enabled by Quantum ESPRESSO, SIESTA, Fleur, Yambo, AiiDA, and/or contributes to their advancement:
The prize is open to researchers both from industry and academia worldwide. Participation of all scientists and students is welcome; special attention will be given to applications from participants who are not directly related to the MaX partner teams. Depending on the quality of applications, more than one prize may be awarded.
Applications are particularly encouraged from:
- industrial researchers: scientists and students who work in industrial environments;
- women scientists and students;
- young researchers: scientists and students within 7 years from their PhD (extensions allowed for maternity and other leaves according to standard ERC practice).
Applications reporting high-quality visualization results based on MaX flagship codes (e.g. images or movies) are also especially welcome.
The prize consists of a diploma and an invitation to give a talk at the forthcoming MaX International Conference, to be held in Trieste (Italy) on November 22-24, 2017. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered up to € 500 (€ 1000) for awardees coming from Europe (outside Europe).
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must send their application to the following email address: email@example.com no later than September 30, 2017.
The application must include:
- a short report (maximum 3 A4 pages) describing:
- the advancement in science, technology or in code developments
- the codes used
- any reference to publications or link to preprints
- a link to any relevant image or video
- a personal information form containing the following information (template given):
- the candidate(s) name(s), affiliation(s), email address(es)
- any information that could be of relevance, in particularly concerning the specific categories listed above.
The Prize will be assigned by a Committee of three experts appointed by the MaX Executive Board. The decision of the Committee will be by simple majority and unappealable. The applicants will be informed of the result by October 9, and are expected to participate in the MaX International Conference in order to receive the prize and deliver their invited talk.
Image courtesy of R. Gebauer and Quantum Espresso