The Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation will fund a scientific software developer position, initially for one year and renewable up to three times depending upon the availability of funding. The work will take place under the supervision of Prof. Paolo Giannozzi at the University of Udine, Italy.
The gross salary is 32,500 EUR, corresponding to a net salary of about 2000 EUR/month after taxes. A M.Sc. or a Ph.D. in a scientific discipline and experience in scientific software development are required. Knowledge of modern Fortran and of high-performance computation is a plus.
The successful candidate will work on the Quantum ESPRESSO software distribution, notably in one or more of the following fields, depending upon his/her skill set:
* improvement of Quantum ESPRESSO user experience, documentation, testing;
* reorganisation and modularisation of the code basis;
* inclusion of new contributions into the QE main tree;
* improvement of performances, especially on accelerated architectures;
* developments of new methods and algorithms for advanced functionals.
The work requires coordination and interactions with the Quantum ESPRESSO users’ and developers’ community and with the MaX EU Center of Excellence. For more information and applications, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to foster and support the design, implementation, maintenance, and free dissemination of high-quality, high-performance open-source scientific software for quantum numerical modelling of materials.