The gross salary is 32,500 EUR, corresponding to a net salary of about 2000 EUR/month after taxes. A M.Sc. or a Ph.D. in a scientific discipline and experience in scientific software development are required. Knowledge of modern Fortran and of high-performance computation is a plus.
The successful candidate will work on the Quantum ESPRESSO software
distribution, notably in one or more of the following fields, depending upon his/her skill set:
* improvement of Quantum ESPRESSO user experience, documentation, testing;
* reorganisation and modularisation of the code basis;
* inclusion of new contributions into the QE main tree;
* improvement of performances, especially on accelerated architectures;
* developments of new methods and algorithms for advanced functionals.
The Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation is a non-profit organisation whose mission is to foster and support the design, implementation, maintenance, and free dissemination of high-quality, high-performance open-source scientific software for quantum numerical modelling of materials.