OP#5 – OPEN POSITION FOR A SOFTWARE ENGINEER/WEB DEVELOPER @ EPFL (Lausanne, Switzerland).
An open position for a software engineer/web developer is available at EPFL (Lausanne, Switzerland) in the MARVEL NCCR (http://marvel-nccr.ch).
For interested applicants scientific research challenges can also be incorporated in the effort, but this is not a requirement.
Excellent candidates are sought with experience in the development of complex web architectures powered by cloud technologies, to support the development and deployment of the Materials Cloud (http://www.materialscloud.org), a web portal for computational materials science powered by AiiDA (http://www.aiida.net).
AiiDA is a materials’ computational framework that acts as a flexible and scalable infrastructure to manage high-throughput computations; Materials Cloud is a portal for computational materials science and an online cloud platform. Such infrastructure underpins the efforts of the MARVEL NCCR; close collaboration takes also place with the H2020 Centre of Excellence MaX for “Materials Design at the Exascale” (http://www.max-centre.eu/).
The project will focus on research case studies for the existing Materials Cloud platform, with primary focus on the portal frontend (in AngularJS) and optimization of its user interface and its ergonomic design, as well as support for the backend development (Python+Flask).
The software engineer would work with a team of 10+ PhD students, postdocs, and software specialists with diverse backgrounds (physicists, chemists, materials scientists and computer scientists) contributing both to AiiDA and the Materials Cloud.
How to apply
Candidates should submit 1) a full CV, including contacts for at least two references, and 2) a cover letter of intent. These documents (PDF only) should be emailed to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with the exact text “MARVEL Web Engineer” in the subject line.
For best consideration, applications should be submitted by May 31st; the position will remain open until filled.
– Duration of the contract: 1-year, renewable.
– For additional details on this opening, see http://theossrv1.epfl.ch/uploads/Main/Openings/2017_04_MARVEL_MaterialsCloud_Web_Engineer.pdf
OP#4 – 1-YEAR FIXED-TERM POSITION FOR PROJECT ASSISTANT @Cnr Nano in Modena.
Topic: “Expertise in management of international projects“.
The applicant must
- have an high-school diploma
- have already worked in management activities of international research projects, be able to work independently with partners and Institutions
- have a working knowledge of office suite and web content management
- proficiency in English
OP#3 – 1-YEAR SCHOLARSHIP FOR GRAD STUDENTS @Cnr Nano in Modena.
Topic: “Ab-initio study of electronic properties and excitations in Titanium Dioxide“.
The applicant must
- be graduated in Physics (or similar degrees)
- be under 35
- have a knowledge of theoretical/computational activities in the condensed matter area; use of numeric methodologies based on HPC.
OP#2 – 1-YEAR FIXED TERM RESEARCHER @Cnr Nano in Modena.
Topic: “Simulation of electronic and optic properties through manybody perturbation theory with advanced computational techniques and HPC“.
The applicant must
- be graduated in Physics or Chemistry or Materials Science (or similar degrees)
- have earned a PhD in Physics or Chemistry or Materials Science (or similar)
- have at least a 5-year experience in theoretical/computational activities in the condensed matter area; use of numeric methodologies based on HPC.
OP#1 – SOFTWARE SCIENTIST/ENGINEER @ EPFL (Lausanne, Switzerland) in the group of Prof. Marzari.
Candidates should submit 1) a full CV, including contacts for at least two references, and 2) a cover letter of intent to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, with “MARVEL Software Engineer” in the subject line (PDF attachments only). For best consideration applications should be submitted by July 31st, but the position will remain open until filled. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually for interviews, usually over Skype videoconferencing.
Appointments at EPFL are on a yearly renewable basis, typically for 2 to 4 years.
Salaries for a freshly minted MSc start at ~75,000 CHF, and for a PhD at ~82,000 CHF.
Call: http://theossrv1.epfl.ch/uploads/Main/Openings/2016_06_MaX_SE.pdf …